Leeds Playhouse invite you to take part in a free-writing activity – details below from the Playhouse Engagement team:
“Inspired by photographer Helen Murray’s exhibition, Our Empty Theatres, we want you to respond to the image of the ghost light in the Quarry Theatre. All you have to do is write a 5-line monologue that begins with the phrase: “When I get back…” using a freewriting technique.
What is Freewriting?
Freewriting is a method where you write down your thoughts as they arise, with no interruptions or corrections and it’s a great way to focus the flow of your ideas. Try spending five minutes writing down your response to the image without stopping – you can read some tips below to help you get started.
- Find your favourite spot where you’re most comfortable.
- Some of the writers we work with love playing some music or popping the TV on – one even likes to listen to white noise
- Don’t be afraid to repeat words and phrases
- Forget all the rules about spelling or grammar
- Most importantly – have fun
We would love to see what you come up with, so please send your monologue to us by 7 August and we’ll find a way to share them.”
Send to email@example.com