The Government announced its plans for boosters of covid vaccines for all over 50s as part of the Winter plan to manage the covid risks. It will be offered at least 6 months after the second dose of a covid vaccine.
People eligible for the boosters will include:
- All adults aged 50 years or over
- Those living in residential care homes for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Younger people with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19
- Adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
The booster vaccines will start to be delivered from next week and are likely to be given alongside the Flu vaccination. The NHS will contact people to invite them to go for these jabs and so you do not need to contact anyone to request yours at this stage.
Coronavirus remains a serious risk and as we approach the Winter months you are urged to remain cautious to help protect yourself and others.
Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
Wear face covering in crowded & enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet
Get tested and self-isolate if required
If you haven’t already, get vaccinated
Full details at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus