What a lovely day we had in Scarborough!!
June 12th – 16th
As the cost of living continues to impact so many households, this week-long programme of free events will give useful advice on a range of money matters to people in Leeds.
Organised by Leeds City Council with the Money and Pensions Service and other partners there is a series of free online webinars wth help and tips on subjects including keeping energy costs down, money and mental health, budgetting advice and handling financial difficulties.
Details of the programme and how to book can be found here
You could also find more help and guidance at the Money Helper website: http://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/
Volunteers week comes to a close today and we are reflecting on how much our volunteers do to help Caring Together.
Just in this last week our volunteers have:
- Packed newsletters and inserts into envelopes for distribution
- Hand delivered newsletters to more than half our members/supporters
- Given talks at a reminiscence group
- Worked on our remembrance garden and our allotment
- Counted money boxes (donations from members and supporters)
- Made teas and coffees at groups – and helped with the clear up
- Oversaw the management of Caring Together as Trustees
- Kept in touch with vulnerable or isolated members
This is just a snapshot of one week, our volunteers are here to help every other week of the year too.
Thank you to each and every one of you!!