Monday Mind Work’ today is in celebration of International Women’s Day
Welcome to ‘some’ Famous Women Quiz Questions and Trivia
1.Which suffragette stepped in front of King George V’s horse Anmer at the Epsom Derby on 4 June 1913 and suffered fatal injuries?
a) Emily Davison or c) Emily BraveIn
2.1975: Junko Tabei, first woman to achieve?
a) swam the channel or b) Climb Mount Everest
3. Marie Curie discovery of two elements, can you name both?
a) Polonium and radium or b) Flourine and NitrogenIn
4. 1955, Rosa Parks (‘The First Lady of Civil Rights’) became famous for refusing to give up her seat to a white passenger in which American city?
a) New York City or b) Montgomery, Alabama
5. Margaret Susan Ryder was born in Leeds in 1924 and opened the Sue Ryder Foundation in what year?
a) 1943 or b) 1953
6. Which actress became the first to win a Best Actress Academy Award for a non-English language performance with her 1961 role in Two Women?
a) Marilyne Monroe or b) Sophia Loren
7. Who said: ‘I married beneath me. All women do.’?
a) Lady Nancy Astor or b) The Queen
8. Who is generally regarded as the richest self-made woman in America?
a) Madonna or b) Oprah Winfrey
9. Can you name the first Woman Yorkshire MP in 1945, was it?
a) Alice Bacon or b) Alice in Wonderland.
10 Nicola Adams was the first woman to win an Olympic gold at London 2012 for what?
a) running or b) boxing