Why are we looking for a new Treasurer?
Our current Volunteer Treasurer will be leaving the board after 15 years of service (Not bad given that he initially only came for 5 years) and we need new strategic contribution to our Board to support our vision and delivery of our new Strategy. We employ a very able Finance worker who undertakes the day-to-day financial operations; the Treasurer provides oversight and guidance of the delivery of our financial strategy, our reporting, compliance and financial risk management. You can find our latest report and accounts on our website.
About our existing Board
There are currently eight other volunteer Trustees with varied experience and skills including, law, personnel and academia. In addition half of our board is composed of local older people. We are a friendly Board, passionate about our local area and we enjoy welcoming new people and talents to support our work on behalf of older people in our local area. You can read more about us on our website.
What do you get as our Treasurer?
- A chance to build your experience of charities and the voluntary sector
- An opportunity to exercise your financial management skills and knowledge, possibly in a different environment / context
- A role that includes building your own leadership experience as Chair of our Finance Committee
- Satisfaction of helping us make a difference for older people, and giving something back to local communities.
- A boost to your career and CV, if needed.
What will you bring to us?
You will have proven experience of financial management in the charity, public or commercial sector, ideally with an understanding of charity finance or be keen to learn if this is a new area for you. You will bring excellent financial management and analysis skills to a financially literate Board, providing guidance on financial risk management and compliance. With a knowledge of finance systems you will be comfortable supporting our Chair as well as having a hands on involvement with our Finance Worker, auditors and Managers when required.
If you are interested, or know someone who might be?
- You will need to be eligible to be a charity Trustee, which we will explain.
- A full Role Description with person specification is available here Job Spec and person spec
- The role is not remunerated although reasonable expenses can be claimed for.