The Government announced this week that it is implementing Plan B in response to rising Covid cases and the new variant
- From Friday 10th December face masks will be compulsory in most public indoor venues, other than hospitality, and on public transport
- NHS Covid Pass to be mandatory in specific settings(large events, nightclubs and some other venues), using a negative test or full vaccination via the NHS Covid Pass from 15th December
- People asked to work from home if they can
- Everyone urged to get vaccinated if they are not already – and to get a booster as soon they are eligible
- Advised to do regular lateral flow tests at home
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should arrange to take a PCR test as soon as possible, even if you’ve had one or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Those who have come into contact with an individual who may have been infected with the Omicron variant will need to self-isolate. This will apply even if you are fully-vaccinated or aged 18 or under. NHS Test and Trace will contact you if this is the case.