“How do you beat Stress?”
Leeds Men’s Health & Well-being Network and Caring Together will once again be supporting the week in the city and we ask voluntary groups and organisations to try to organise something in their area during the week to promote men’s health and well being. The following events are taking place in Leeds:
• Monday 13th of June 3.00-5.00pm – Official Launch, The State of Men’s Health in Leeds Report, The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University.
• Wednesday the 15th of June 1.30 -5.00pm – Richmond Hill Men’s Health Event – Lunch Out for Men’s Health Week. East Leeds Cricket Club, Pontefract Lane, Leeds LS9 0PT. Bicycle powered cinema – men’s health films plus men’s health information.
• Thursday 16th June 10.30am-11.30am BBC Radio Leeds – Men’s Health Discussion and Phone-in.
• Thursday the 16th of June – 4.00-6.00pm The Black Health Initiative – Exploring the Issue of Men’s Health and Prostate Cancer at Thackray Medical Museum, 141, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7LN. Refreshments Provided.
• Friday 17th June – 7.00pm Chapel FM – Men’s Health Discussion and Phone-In.
• Sunday 19th June –11.00am – 3.00pm Dadtastic Event, Leeds Museum. Free event for families on Father’s Day. Crafts, music, science, storytelling, art and sport for primary school children.
National Men’s Health Forum website at: www.menshealthforum.org.uk/
For further information contact: Claude Hendrickson, Chair, Leeds Men’s Health & Wellbeing Network. Tel. 07831 480 196. E Mail: email@example.com
Barry Ewart, Secretary, Leeds Men’s Health & Wellbeing Network. E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 0113 343 4358.
Caring Together, who are enthusiastic about building links that improve the health and well-being of men in Leeds, will be running our Men’s Group in Little London Community Centre on Thursday 14th June between 2 and 4 pm.as we do every 2 weeks. If you are over 60 and would like to attend and play games and dominoes and partake in refreshments in a convivial setting please contact John O’Dwyer on 2430298.