‘Message from Leeds City Council and the NHS’

Leeds City Council banner graphic

Leeds City Council and the NHS in Leeds are encouraging residents to seek medical care when needed. GP surgeries, pharmacies and A&E departments are still open and offering help.

Medical emergencies

If you’re experiencing a health emergency then you should call 999 or go to your nearest emergency department. Please don’t put your health at risk. A medical emergency could be if you’re experiencing one or more of the following:

  • Chest pains
  • Black outs
  • Severe blood loss
  • Slurred speech
  • A drooping face
  • Loss of feeling in your arms or face

You’ll be treated in a safe, low-risk environment. If you have symptoms of coronavirus and need to access emergency services, please tell the 999 operator and paramedics upon their arrival.

GP practices

The way you access your local GP practice has changed—but it’s important that you still contact them about any health concerns.

If you’re unwell and it’s not an emergency, you should call your GP or use the NHS 111 online service to get help.